As babies grow into active toddlers, we believe that they learn best through hands-on experiences and natural curiosity. In our toddler room, children are free to explore their environment. The room is filled with age appropriate toys to engage their curiosity and develop their fine and large motor skills. Our teachers thoughtfully incorporate daily activities that include singing songs, reading stories, arts and crafts as well as lots of time to play, to learn to share and to problem solve. Our daily schedule is predictable, yet responsive in meeting the needs of children with both structure and flexibility. You will receive daily communication about what your child ate, how they napped, diaper changes and activities that they enjoyed.
We continual work to keep our rooms clean and sanitary.
- High chairs and cribs are assigned to each child and never shared.
- Toys and supplies used during the morning are are cleaned and disinfected at naptime and toys and supplies used in the afternoon are cleaned disinfected at the end of the day.
- Caregivers are required to wear a new pair of gloves before each diaper change and to sanitize the changing table after each use.
- Children's hands are washed with soap and water before eating, after diaper changes, and after playing outside.
We continue to use safe sleep practices in our toddler room.
- Toddlers are placed on their backs to sleep, but may sleep on their tummy or side if they are mobile and able to move in and out of those positions on their own.
- Toddlers who use pacifiers will be offered their pacifier when they are placed to sleep.
- Sleep clothing, such as sleepers, sleep sacks, and wearable blankets, may be used as alternatives to blankets.
- When toddlers are in their cribs, they will be within sight and hearing of staff at all times.
- A staff member will visibly check on sleeping toddlers frequently.
Weaning from bottles begins in our toddler room. If your child has not used a sippy cup, we will practice with them several times each day. Bottles will continue to be offered to ensure that they stay hydrated while transitioning them to a sippy cup.
All meals and snacks are provided and will be prepared in safe bite size pieces. Utensils will be offered to help your toddler practice fine motor skills.
When your toddler is ready to transition to the next age group, we will include you in the decision about when and how the transition will take place. A transition plan will be implemented over a two week period. This will allow your child to become familiar with new teachers and children slowly, ensuring that they are ready and excited to move up.
Full-time (5 days per week) enrollment is required. Children must arrive no later than 8:45 AM and may attend for up to 10 hours per day. Children must arrive by 8:00 AM to receive breakfast.